Core Skills Coming Soon–Sign up to Receive the Latest Information!
Core Skills is the second level of training in Emotionally Focused Therapy, after the Externship.
In the Core Skills Series, participants will learn:
- Module 1: Steps 1 and 2. Participants will take a deeper look into creating the therapeutic alliance, assessment and techniques for identifying and reflecting the negative cycle.
- Module 2: Steps 3 and 4. Participants will look closer at deepening primary emotion for both withdrawers and pursuers. Participants will also learn how to effectively reframe the negative cycle to help couples see the cycle as the enemy, not each other.
- Module 3: Steps 5, 6 and 7 for Withdrawer Re-Engagement. Participants will enter the world of the withdrawer and learn how to work with the withdrawn partner toward re-engagement and re-bonding.
- Module 4: Steps 5, 6 and 7 for Pursuer Softening. Participants will enter the world of the pursuer and learn how to work with pursuers toward softening and re-bonding.
- Successful completion of the EFT Externship is required to attend Core Skills.
- Participants must be working with at least one couple.
- In order to successfully complete Core Skills, participants will be required to show a short video clip of their work with a couple.