What is EFFT?
By zeroing in on the underlying attachment needs, Emotionally Focused Family Therapy (EFFT) offers a powerful, step-by-step process for transformational change. Learn how to help family members work through relational distress and past injuries to create new relational patterns for achieving deeper bonds and greater felt security. Whether you work with individuals, couples, or families, this training will show you how to create enactments in the consulting room that will deepen the impact of your work.
- Understand family distress using theories of emotion and attachment
- Learn the various stages, key concepts and interventions used in EFFT.
- Craft effective enactments-who says what to whom and when.
- Recognize negative and positive cycles of family interactions
- Create change events that promote bonding interactions and secure attachment between family members
April 11, 2019 from 9:00am-5:00pm (Registration begins at 8:30am)
KU Edwards Campus, BEST Building
12600 Quivira Road
Overland Park, KS 66213
- Early Bird Registration Discount until Feb. 28 - $225
- Full Tuition after Feb. 28 - $250
CEUs not included.
*Lunch is on your own. Snack and drinks provided.
George Faller is a retired Lieutenant of the NYC Fire Department, a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in New York and Connecticut and an Approved Supervisor for the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. He is the founder and President of the New York Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). As an EFT Trainer, George teaches several classes at the Ackerman Institute for the Family (the oldest family institute in the United States) in NYC, is a board member of the Porter Cason Institute for the Family at Tulane University in New Orleans and is the director of training at the Center for Hope and Renewal in Greenwich, Ct. Specializing in trauma, Family EFT, and self-of-the-therapist issues, George is committed to bringing EFT to underprivileged populations and pushing the leading edge of effective therapy. George hopes his books True Connection, Sacred Stress and the soon to be released Emotionally Focused Family Therapy contributes to the EFT movement of making our world a more secure place.